Admit must I, now, that I’m feeling extremely elated, endorphin high, and, on my personal conduct, not a thing I regret – nay, not I. 2012 has been one of the best years by far, at least for me. And I – oh dear Sir, or Madam, as you maybe – am a man of small stature, but effective. Ah! Without doubt, I am effective. And I am, as Charlie Chaplin used to say, a tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.
Intimidated though I had been many a times and been called names , but then, a valorous man never backs down, but fares forward and keeps learning. Everyone who come to our lives count and play an important part, teach us something or the other, and offer many a lesson to learn directly or indirectly. It is these experiences that shape our lives. Life is but a journey. As a watcher of life I have experienced a great deal, I have experienced hatred, love, suffering, pleasure, and all other elements that of life. For everything, I’m just happy, as much as I can be. But let me not brag about my achievements, for as you might have read in my ‘about me page’, that I despise the idea of bragging about oneself.
All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts… William Shakespeare
And lastly, I have a little advice for all: When you laugh make sure that it’s natural and that you mean it, and don’t merely show your teeth. Wear only one face instead of many, you see me as I am, like it or not. And, if anyone holds any kind of grudges against anyone, I say, let bygone be bygone!
What shall be my New Year resolution? Well, I don’t have any intention to write a long New Year resolution list over here, like many people do, I can only say I have got no more time to trifle away; have I but plans, a great many plans, and I’m going to work on them.
I have nothing to offer to my fellow-bloggers and other readers and visitors, you see, such a poor guy I am. My hand is always empty, but I have a big heart. As a New Year gift let me share something : 25 quotes that I like very much. I hope you will like them as much as I do. They are in a way funny and in another way inspiring. A very happy and prosperous New Year to all!
- “Think rich, look poor.” — Andy Warhol
- “Not all who wander are lost.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Don’t Find Fault – Find a Remedy.”– Henry Ford
- “Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- “A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your step as you walk the tightrope of life.” — William Arthur Ward
- “The course of true love never did run smooth.” — William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- “Reply to everything someone says with ‘that’s what YOU think.’’— Anonymous
- “Formal education will make you a living; self education will make you a fortune.” – -Jim Rohn
- “Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.” — Sir Walter Scott
- “A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.” — Brendan Francis
- “Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” — Mark Twain
- “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” — Albert Einstein
- “Women are always anxious to urge bachelors to matrimony; is it from charity, or revenge?” — Gustave Vapereau
- “Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.” — Rumi
- “There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.” — Admiral William Halsey
- “Giving money and power to governments is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” — P.J. O’Rourke
- “The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren and to do good is my religion.” — Thomas Paine
- “The silence often of pure innocence Persuades when speaking fails.” — William Shakespeare
- “It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone.” – Dr Abdul Kalaam
- “The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives.” — Albert Schweitzer
- “We are what we believe we are.” — C.S. Lewis
- “No man is a failure who is enjoying life.” — William Feather
- “When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” – AristotleCopyright © 2012 RAMU DAS